Tuesday 23 April 2013

Leave my family out of it, Nong Chik tells Nurul Izzah


The gloves have come off for Lembah Pantai with challenger Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin warning Nurul Izzah Anwar to stop bringing up personal matters in public.

NONE"She recently raised issues about my father and my daughter, of which I have explained to the media countless times," Raja Nong Chik (right) told reporters during a treasure hunt in Pantai Dalam yesterday.

"If she claims to practise clean campaigning, why does she play dirty by bringing up personal matters? I never touched on her father's personal matters and I never talk about it, so why should she?"

He described his PKR opponent as being "only good at criticising but fails to provide solutions".

He further questioned her credibility as the Lembah Pantai incumbent, saying she was only seen when the election was near.

"What has she done? She's only hardworking now and it frustrates me," Raja Nong Chik said.

"Before I was made a minister, I came here all the time and helped out the best I could. I talked to the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to the developers and the residents.

"I've been to City Hall more than 200 times before this to assist the underprivileged in Lembah Pantai."
'I want to die here'
He said Nurul Izzah had not been sincere and pointed out that her free clinic had only been active recently.

"If she is sincere, why didn't she provide the free check-ups in 2008? Now, every week we see free clinics. From there we can see that Lembah Pantai is only a platform for her. She doesn't understand the people and the place.

NONE"Not having funds is not an excuse. I made an effort to help out even when I wasn't provided with funds.

"The difference between Nurul (left) and I is (that) I was born here, I got married here and I want to die here because my love for Lembah Pantai is undivided."

Raja Nong Chik said he left it to the middle-class electorate in Lembah Pantai — mainly Bangsar residents — to decide, knowing they were strong supporters of PKR.

"It's up to them to decide. But my priority still lies with the poor," he said.
The Malay Mail


LINKED>>> malaysiakini

No comments:

Post a Comment